Investors who follow a plan have a higher probability of achieving their goals than those who act on their emotions or make frequent changes based on the events of the day. Successful long-term investing can only be achieved by developing a strategy which is consistent with the goals of their overall Financial Plan. By further refining these objectives, we develop an Investment strategy which identifies the inherent risks. We believe placing a greater emphasis on risk is the best way to achieve superior long-term investment results.
- Follow a well-defined investment strategy.
- Tend to be value oriented and disciplined in their approach to investing.
- Can quickly adapt to changing markets.
- Consider both fundamental and technical analysis.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to invest wherever they see opportunity.
- View their returns in relation to the amount of risk taken.
- Do not base success upon a single benchmark or index, but rather consider the portfolio relative to their stated goals.
- Utilize a broadly diversified list of asset classes and investment sectors.